Saturday, November 1, 2008

Cookstr: Invoking my Universal Law of Content

Excited to see today's NYT article on Will Scwalbe's Cookstr. The site isn't live yet, but it sounds like Will is leveraging the content exactly as I've described in my Universal Law of Content:

The content is the content. It is free in html and available on an episodic basis. It has a cost when it is permanent (.pdf, book, magazine) and searchable.

I have a beautiful daikon radish in my refrigerator. Not quite sure how I might deploy that, but I'd love to be able to search Cookstr and get a couple of ideas. And you know what? When I have a relationship with Cookstr, and I know I'll find good ideas - you can bet I'll be willing to pay to print out a recipe or even click to order. One thing I'm probably not doing - going down to ye olde bookshop to search through an endless sea of cookbooks. That ship has sailed, mates.

BTW- one correction to the article. Looks like upwards of 2,000 cookbooks published annually (piece said 400).

No comments:

Post a Comment